07 July 2014

When a Girl has a Little Time on her Hands...

...after a long hard work week ... she just might in the mood for a little down time with a pal looking at pretty things in the shops. Which is how I found my way to the Johnny Was Silk Bar and could hardly tear myself away. If you are lucky enough to live near one, get over there and be transfixed by all the gorgeousness at your fingertips! 

If you are always on the lookout for something unique to dress up your basic look (who isn't?) and are ready to spoil yourself a little, you will adore the Johnny Was Silk Bar!  Here are some of the lovelies I considered, pondered over and played with. After all, at the Silk Bar you are free to play around with dozens and dozens of gorgeous 42" square tasseled silk scarves until your heart stops when you find the perfect one for you. All this seated on chic red enameled Tolix barstools with the whole countertop to artfully arrange your beautiful scarves and see just which one captures you. 

Why stop at one? the shop displayed a mannequin with four scarves tied together just so to create a languid and very sexy little silk dress!

Some of the colors and patterns are reminiscent of the beautiful things you find in Provence at Souleiado.  Can you guess which one I chose?












although these are not the exact Tolix chairs we sat on at the Johnny Was Silk Bar,
I had to post this gorgeous setting with vintage Tolix dining chairs... LOVE!!







5 comments:

  1. Hi Kit! These scarves are SO beautiful! I would think you chose either 4, 5 or 6. Did I guess correctly? What do I win? lol.

    I've never even heard of this store, so thanks for the tip! Next time I make it to Stanford Shopping Mall, I'll step in and see what's up!

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melanie don't go without me! field trip! I chose the last one... I think... or maybe the one above... really gorgeous stuff! xoxoxo Kit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kit, I would have a difficult time selecting just one. These scarves are gorgeous. I want to go shop at Johnny Was! If I get back out to the area, this store is on my list! '-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah they are just wonderful... and you can find them online too... but sitting at the bar is a delight for the visual senses and so much fun! thanks for visiting! Kit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness!! These are so beautiful!
    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think! merci!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails