18 March 2013

At Auction This Week...






clockwise from the top:

landscape 1947 by Odette Bruriaux (1923-2003);
lead sculpture 19th century "icosaedre" with 18 faces by Zingeur;
stunning 17th century covered cup with ancient coins and "MA" on the cover in 
vermeil and silver;
nice pentagonal wooden frame, lovely geometric and floral carvings, ivory inlay;
emerald green biscotterie with silver fittings;
Restauration époque clock in gold plated bronze wiwth charming
figure of woman painting a child;
Antoine Verglas portrait of Carla Bruni, signed by Carla Bruni in ink;
small clock from Louis XV time, in blue and gold bronze, with roman numerals


let's go!




4 comments:

  1. Small world..I know Antoine! I totally could design a room, love the landscape, my color inspiration for the room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Francine, small world indeed! this is a fabulous portrait of Carla Bruni! it would look wonderful in just the right bedroom... and that covered "cup" with the "MA" initials.. it is slated to go for $30k so it is a very special piece. Do you ever shop the auctions in France?

    So good to hear from you, will pop over. I'm sure you're off somewhere wonderful soon!
    xo

    Kit

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the painting! This is perfect for my room!
    I wish you a lovely week dear Kit!
    With love, Geli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely Kit, gorgeous finds!
    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think! merci!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails