16 March 2010

Chic Provence Visits Karina Gentinetta





Ambling down Magazine Street one sultry morning not too long ago in New Orleans, I was fortunate enough to discover the lovely designo Karina Gentinetta's brand new space and to find her there putting the finishing touches on everything before the grand opening.

Walking into her place transported me to another place and time: a comfortable and soothing retreat. Waxed mahogany floors, exposed brick fireplace and tall shuttered windows provided a cool and elegant backdrop to linen covered pieces, coral from the sea, the white and grey painted furnishings, the glint of crystal, mercury glass, worn gilt, and the unmistakable patina of vintage pieces.


all images by Kit Golson
using iPhone


Visit designo Karina Gentinetta online--she is on both etsy and 1stdibs--- if you can't make it to New Orleans just now! And, oh, a big huge thanks to Stephanie of Bonjour Madame for sending me to find Karina's shop! If you read Bonjour Madame, you know that Karina just finished helping Stephanie redo her home in the style of vintage European charming chic.






.........................................


in 2010, it's:


Kit Golson Design

for elegant, sustainable and pragmatic

Chic Provence Interior Design


16 comments:

  1. Isn't her store beautiful? I still can't believe I missed you by mere minutes when you were in town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephanie me too! I'll be visiting again sometime after Easter..hope to see you then! It was really great meeting Karina and your home looks wonderful.

    Kit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful! I feel the need to visit New Orleans after all of the wonderful reviews!
    xoxo,
    B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Belle Vie, meet us there..definitely worth the trip!

    Kit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such peaceful interiors.

    (By the way, I can't find a way to add friends to Livestrong but I'll email you when i do. Still counting my calories for now)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Corine that is a good description..peaceful and soothing. Sometimes I need that; sometimes I need the riot of colors..depends on..?

    (yes I'll look for your email, any help on that journey welcome ;))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kit...loved your photos! Thank you so much for including us in your trip. Trish

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karina does have such beautiful things. I first heard about her shop via Stephanie too. Her story is very inspiring. She has overcome so much and has built something lovely.
    When I head back to the State I'll have to find all you blogger girls and head over to explore.
    A bientôt,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmmmm.....perfect buzz words-patina, mercury glass, coral....you lured me in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mimi dear, yes, look us up immediately! I love the ideas you are putting forth lately!

    bisous!

    Kit

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI Theresa, I just saw your favorite book, and it's mine too..Pillars of the Earth..I LVOE that book..

    thanks for the visit cherie!

    Kit

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Corine thanks, and i'll look for the friending link...meantime..count and swim, count and swim, count and swim!

    good day!

    K

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI Trish thanks for coming along on the little visit with Karina..you would adore her shop (indeed you would adore the whole street and city!)

    xx
    Kit

    ReplyDelete
  14. Karina's shop looks beautiful! I hope to visit it one day.

    Happy Friday,
    Noel

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bonjour,
    j'adore cettes images,
    Decoration très charmantes!!!!
    Have a nice day!!
    Kisses :)

    Daniela "Dream Shabby Chic" Milano

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so, so gorgeous! Thank you for sharing. I will do my best not to comment on every post (obviously I could, because I love it all). Lovely blog, my dear.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think! merci!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails